Pit Bull Terrier / Mixed (short coat) : : Female : : Adult : : Medium
I swear there's nothing more telling than to be able to foster a dog outside of cage walls/shelter life... To really see what their true colors are!
Hillary has been at our shelter since March. She's not your typical young (about 2yo) pit bull mix. Hillary is as low maintenance as you can get. Her favorite pastimes are, napping (she snores! ☺️), getting belly rubs, laying on couch with you while you watch football, and maybe beg for a snack now and then!
Her foster family has found some truly endearing traits about her that they just had to share! Unlike most two yr old anythings, she is a total couch potato, and prefers belly rubs and massages over playing with toys and running around foolishly :)
* Crate trained YES! totally loves her quiet space, goes in on her own at times, and watches the happenings in the kitchen :)
At night she sleeps as quiet as a mouse in her crate with the door open. Yep she's about perfect wouldn't you say?
* House trained YES- has had NO accidents, at all
* Leash walking, needs work because she pulls low, but LOOOVES walks-
* on walks has shown some intense prey drive
* also has not reacted nutty when another dog walks by (we want to test this some more)
* Play time:. She really doesn't do a lot of playtime but she occasionally will play with one of her toys. She seems to prefer the soft ones... IF and when, she gets a little overly excited she does try to use her mouth to show us she's happy but we quickly can correct her by giving her a stern NO...and putting a toy in her mouth - Hillary takes correction very well! She does not need a loud voice to tell her or you will find her running into her crate... She's a soft spoken gal and prefers to be talked to in the same way
* New people to home- not tested yet
* Preteen in home- is like she is. Gentle and soft spoken... And she gets along well with her
Hillary will take a lil while to trust you and she is soo worth it!! We're not sure what her previous home life, what we do know is it wasn't the best fit for her. Hillary does spook easily...but we are hoping this is temporary since she was at the shelter so long. We will update if we see this changing. She needs to be the only pet in the home and no kids under ten to make sure she succeeds!
<Previous owner notes indicate a couple bites/nips - ps. She never broke skin in either case . Hillary corrected a child when her tail was pulled, and also where a hot dog was given to her from a child (no other info given) Hillary was said to have gone after a neighbor dog (again in foster home she has been very easy when walking past other dogs in passing) we have no other info on this. We have no info on this.>
<<< Note ---Foster family hasn't been able to replicate this behavior >>
Hillary really wants to trust more, but will need the right family for her sweet timid personality. A kind, soft spoken, patient family with a laid back quiet atmosphere for her. Whoever is lucky enough to adopt this sweet gem will no doubt have a forever heart dog!
She ROLLS OVER for you to rub her belly, and has the cutest behaviors ever! She will possibly even fall asleep during her massage times! <3
More about 2105-1532 Hillary
Is Not Good with Dogs, Not Good with Cats, Is Not Good with Kids